Roles and Responsibilities
It always amazes me how simple and yet complex a concept this is. I am not talking about software roles and responsibilities, I am talking about the people aspect of projects and businesses.
Everyone has an idea, everyone has an approach, and it feels as if the fields are always greener on the other side of the fence. Why is that? Why do we as humans have this urge? This need to interject and fiddle with theories and proposals. It is not just the person outside looking in, but the one inside looking out.
Why do you feel the need to get validation? This need to confirm that an idea may or may not work? These are the questions I find myself wondering these days.
This is what I am coming to the conclusion on and the keys to success:
- Indecisiveness, as in the military, is the death of you and your organization;
- If it is within your wheel house get it done;
- Validation is nothing more than an unnecessary emotion we have as humans that gets in the way of decisions;
- Clearly outline what each role consists of and its associated responsibilities;
- Get out-of-the-way of other roles;
In the end, the chance that everyone is marching to the same beat is very high and it al really just comes down to team-work and trust.
This is my profound thought for the day. Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
Don’t judge me for my awesomeness please.